[Kmymoney-devel] Re: cmake error (sort of fixed)

Ian Neal iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 12:04:38 CEST 2011

Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Tuesday 07 June 2011 00:14:58 Ian Neal wrote:
>
>> So for some reason, even though the build type is supposed to default to
>> "RelWithDebInfo" it doesn't seem to be.
> Why? It says it install just that configuration.  I need to do 'sudo make
> install' here when I want to install anything in /usr/... . Does your user
> have the powers to do that w/o sudo?
Yes, my user has the ability to install into /usr/...
> Here's what I see:
>
> thb at thb-nb:~/devel/alkimia/libalkimia/build>  sudo make install
I 'm doing my cmake and make against alkimia whereas it seems you are
doing yours against alkimia/libalkimia, is that where it should be done
against?
> Where does your line
>
>      -- Removed runtime path from "/usr/lib/libalkimia.so.4.3.0"
>
> comes from and what does it mean?

Searching via Google, it seems come from cmake - hopefully
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3352041/creating-binary-with-cmake-removes-runtime-path
means something to you?

There may be better examples / explanations out there.

Regards,

Ian