[Kmymoney-devel] Link account to financial instution

Brent Baxter brentsbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:38:00 CEST 2011

Thomas,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

This morning I installed KMyMoney 4.6.2 and OFX from the Ubuntu repository
onto a second Ubuntu 11.04 machine using Synaptic.  My financial institution
is

  name:  First Tech Federal Credit Union  URL:  firsttechfed.com
FIID: (ABA routing number) *321180379*

Next I created a new KyMoney checking account and tried to map it to my
online accounts at First Tech Federal Credit Union as follows:

1. accounts -> "chedking" ->  Map to online account -> KMyMoney OFX

      At this point a panel appeared briefly stating "getting list of ..."
(Difficult to read because it only persisted for a half second or so )
     Then the following appeared (see attached screen shot)
    I expected to see a list of financial institutions, including mine.

On my Ubuntu 10.10 system this worked as expected and I was able to link to
my credit union accounts.

One other item to consider: First Tech (firsttechcu.com) recently merged
with another credit union and they now go by firsttechfed.com. I can log
into my account on the new credit union system and everything seems to be
working on their end, although I have not been able to link my KMM account
to their system, probably for the reason described above. I expect that once
KMM worked as it did previously on my older Ubuntu setup, KMM online banking
will probably work fine.

Brent