[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Add Regional Settings KCM to menu

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 13:49:08 CEST 2011

Hello Cristian,
I understand your feelings, and if you read my comments on the thread
at k-c-d, you can tell I'm not happy at all with this.

It is a matter of practicality. I'd rather have the Gnome users open a
menu option, than having to tell them to run "kcmshell4 something" to
change the locale settings. Something that should be set by default by
any responsible distro, but we know that doesn't happen.

So, I agree with your complaints on this, but for the sanity of our
users and our own. I'd rather have that option easily available. We
can call it "KDE regional settings" in the Help menu.

I will continue to bitch about this whole mess, and I look forward to
a proper general solution by KDE core, but we have to be pragmatic at
this point.

Regards,
Alvaro