[Kmymoney-devel] Re: doc update questions (what's new and budgets)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jul 6 08:24:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Wednesday 29 June 2011 22:54:15 Jack wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> After many false starts and long delays, I am actually working on
> updating the docs for 4.6.

Sorry for my delay answering this mail.

> First, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would make a quick
> first pass at what items to list in the "What's New" section.

Has this happened in the meantime? Usually Cristian is pretty good at that.

> Next, someone on the kde-doc-english list said he was translating the
> manual (didn't say what language) but was having problems with the
> budget section.  In fact, it does appear that there have been changes
> in the budgets interface that are not reflected in the manual.
> - if you have not created any budgets, the default budget list is
> empty.  The default empty budget called "Budget <year>" is not created
> until you actually create a new budget.

That sounds reasonable. When you create a new budget it always gets the name
"Budget <current-year>". In case it exists, the name will be "Budget <current-
year> (<number>)" with <number> being incremented for each new budget. So if
you create three budgets in an empty budget folder you get

  Budget 2011
  Budget 2011 (1)
  Budget 2011 (2)

and if your rename "Budget 2011 (1)" into "My new budget" and create the next
one it will be named "Budget 2011 (1)" again, as this does not exist yet.

> - the manual says there are five buttons above the list of budgets, but
> the UI only shows three.   It appears revert and save buttons have been
> removed.   IT appears that you are prompted to save when the budget in
> the budget list loses focus by switching to another budget or another
> area of the program.  I assume reverting is done by switching without
> saving and then switching back.

These two buttons have been moved to the area below the account tree. On top
of that, you will be warned if you select another budget.

> Would someone please confirm these assumptions?

Partially confirmed and corrected. Hope that helps and is not too late.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1