[Kmymoney-devel] Investment Problem?

allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:36:57 CET 2011

I hope this isn't me, but it is a bit weird.

I'd been importing some investment statements via the csv plugin and
noticed that a balance figure was incorrect, but the next and following
lines were OK.  As it coincided with an entry practically identical to
the one above, I just deleted it and all seemed OK.

Today, with a different file, I'm consistently getting incorrect
balances on imported investments.  Thinking I'd corrupted the plugin
code, I used it to make a qif file, examined it, and imported that,
still with the errors.  I tried an old qif file and that too gave errors.

I've now updated from svn - same, and cleared build but still the same.

There are three items.  The first is an add of 1545.61 shares, against
which the balance shows -52.53.  Then there is a reinv of 29.31, with
the balance now -23.22,  then  another of 23.22 shares and the balance
now at 0.00.

     Qty                  Balance
1545.61          -52.53
     29.31          -23.22
     23.22             0.00

So starting at the bottom, the 23.22 reinvested produce the balance for
the line above, the the previous reinv of 29.31 added, gives the balance
on the first line.  So, it looks like the balance is calculated from the
bottomor newest item, instead of from the top.

Can anyone on SVN confirm, or otherwise, please?