[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Reviewboard or not?

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Mon Jan 24 13:27:51 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Cristian Oneț <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, allan <agander93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just wondering if I need to go through reviewboard procedure for a minor
>> bug fix?
>>
>> During live use, I've discovered a minor problem in the csv plugin,
>> involving investment accounts.  All that happens is that a dialog box is
>> opened asking for an account name, when none is needed, for reinvested
>> dividends.  This could confuse a user.  During testing, I tended to
>> import complete files, so didn't notice as I would have been expecting
>> the box as there would be a buy transaction generally.
>>
>> It's a bit of a chore going through reviewboard for something trivial,
>> and I'd sooner not let patches accumulate.  I would raise a bug report,
>> and could include the patch there.  Reviewboard would just result in
>> duplication of effort, and slows things down.
>
> For small issues with small commits fell free to just commit the code
> because it will be reviewed anyway when the others take a look at the
> commit.

Hello Allan,
As a rule of thumb, any outside contributor patch should go through
reviewboard if possible.
Developers can commit without going through reviewboard (and will do
so most of the time). If you want a patch to receive special
attention(eg. it's complicated, or it modifies a critical component),
then you post it to reviewboard.
You'll realize that we review every commit, so you'll get fixes and
comments even if you didn't go through formal review.

Regards,
Alvaro