[Kmymoney-devel] Re: just a try

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 17 21:53:10 CET 2011

Hi,

on Saturday 15 January 2011 16:41:38 Willem Nellen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to translate the French files in the Canadian templates to
> English. No, I am not a Frenchie, I just did it the lazy way using Google
> Translate.
> I hope this is working the way you wanted it.

Well, as far as I can see, only the comment has been included/translated.

> My problem is that the normal text files ar not readable by kmymoney so I
> still have to convert them into xml. Maybe you know a faster and better
> way. In the meantime, i am trying to find a program that will work.

All you need to do is copy an existing file and translate the strings but
leave the structure and xml tags as they are. The filenames can be changed w/o
problems.

Does that make sense? If not, please get back to us.

C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
 -- Bjarne Stroustrup