[Kmymoney-devel] Plugin Directories

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:56:01 CET 2011

I've recently installed my sandbox into my home directory.  The first
problem was that the installed plugin was not getting picked up.
Instead, the /usr plugin was getting priority.  So, I renamed that
plugin.  Then, all went well until some recent confusions caused me to
uninstall the main KMM in /usr.  I then found that my /home plugin was
not being picked up.

Comparing locations, I found that the .desktop directories
corresponded, the rc directories did not - there is
no /home/aga/share/kde4/apps directory below which the rc file should
reside.  Instead, it has been installed below /home/aga/share/apps, and
does not get found.  Also there are the corresponding directories for
the other plugins - icalendar, printcheck and kmymoney.

I also noticed the following buried in the make install output -
"Note that '/home/aga/share' is not in the search path
set by the XDG_DATA_HOME and XDG_DATA_DIRS
environment variables, so applications may not
be able to find it until you set them. The
directories currently searched are:

- /home/aga/.local/share
- /usr/share
- /etc/opt/kde3/share
- /opt/kde3/share
"

I suspected that the problem lay with CMakeLists.txt in the plugin
directory, or perhaps more likely, that all the plugin CMakeLists.txt
files have the same issue.  Or, perhaps it's just me, and my
environment variables? What should set them?

Please could an expert comment on this for me?

Thanks