[Kmymoney-devel] Accounts with no institution

olivier laporte olivier.laporte1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:38:22 CET 2011

Hi,
The software you develop sounds very interesting including the
management of personal
accounts. I am indeed absolutely not an accountant but an individual. Trying
to get used with your software, I encountered something that really
disappoints me. Why, when we create a new account, a category named "Accounts
with no institution assigned" is created automatically with multiple
accounts within. These accounts have no reason to be, though for my
part. I know
it is possible not to care about these accounts but my question is: why force
the creation of these accounts?

As I was wondering if I was an isolated case, I recommended the software to
a few friends without giving details. All but one gave me thoughts about
this category. Of course this is not a market study. The existence of
these accounts
is not the real problem. However, what poses a real problem is the fact that
creation is automatic and invisible in the account creation process.

In addition there is apparently no way to delete these accounts. I said well
delete. Much of Linux system users cannot stand to have no control over
their personal items. The impossibility to delete these accounts made that
most of my friends did not try to go further. That seems a shame to deprive
you of some users because of such a small thing.

However, I note that the software seems very practical and functional. So
thanks to all the team, it is a good piece of work and I hope the remark
will help you develop your user's community.

Best regards,

Olivier.