[Kmymoney-devel] A bug or a feature I do not control ?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Dec 26 20:50:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Friday 23 December 2011 01:08:23 Xavier Gillet wrote:

> Excuse my english if i use wrong words'
>
> I passed many writings on my kmymoney but at the end the summarys were
> wrong for bank acconts, and money acconts.
> I soon realise that the initial amount of the acconts were not zero as
> expected but another amount.  I was not able to correct it and I tryed
> to pass a correcting line.
>
> After a moment somethin like a calculating process occured and the
> initial line of the account appeared with another amount. Killed my
> correcting line and a the fist line amount were recalculate.
>
> Maybe "It is not a bug, it is a feature" but I do not understand what it
> is, and I did not have this before (many weeks ago since I made my
> accounts the last time).
>
> Thanks for help and happy christmas
>
> Kmymoney 1.04 for ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Wow, that is a rather old version of KMyMoney. The last stable release for the
1.0 series was 1.0.5. Since then we have released a few versions for the KDE4
SC, the latest being KMyMoney 4.6.1.

I have no idea what happens in your case, but I somehow remember that we have
fixed something in that area a while ago. At least I think so. So if you have
a chance to upgrade to a newer version, please feel free to do so and check if
that solves your issue.