[Kmymoney-devel] splits and matching

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Aug 26 16:04:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Thursday 25 August 2011 Jack wrote:

> Well, at least I am now sure that KMM correctly keeps the splits in a
> manual transaction when matched with an imported transaction.  However,
> once there is a split transaction for a payee, when KMM imports further
> transactions for that payee, it creates them as split transactions,
> apparently using the amounts and categories from the existing split
> transaction it seems to be modeling, often not having the splits add up
> the the actual total amount of the transaction, which at least is
> correct.
>
> In this case, all you need to do is wipe out all the splits and assign
> a category to the transaction, but it is certainly annoying, and can be
> very confusing.  Is there a way to stop it from doing this?

Currently no. I need to check the code if it might do more than just using the
last entry in the ledger for that payee. It could well be, but I am not sure
right now.

'Only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)' - Linus Torvalds