[Kmymoney-devel] new import matching problem

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 25 20:51:56 UTC 2011

On 2011.08.25 16:45, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Thursday 25 August 2011 22:31:08 Jack wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just imported an OFX file for my credit card account.  I had
> manually
> > created one of the transactions to split the amount across two
> > categories.  After the import, KMM matched the transactions (one day
> > apart, same payee and amount) but after accepting the match, the
> split
> > was gone.  Even editing the transaction before accepting it, the
> split
> > was lost.  I had to unmatch, and then just delete the imported
> > transaction.
> >
> > I don't recall hearing about this before - should I log it as a bug?
>
> Can you try to safe the (OFX) file so that we can duplicate the
> problem.
> Maybe, you can also supply a demo KMM data file with the bug. That
> would be
> awesome.

I don't think I can duplicate it because it isn't real.  Unfortunately
for my sanity, I was confusing two almost but not quite identical
transactions.  The split one wasn't even in the import - so I won't
know until next month, although I try to fiddle with the dates now just
to be sure.

I'll either reconfirm in a few minutes or close the bug.

Sorry for the noise.