[Kmymoney-devel] Android Update and progress

Fri Aug 19 04:30:48 UTC 2011

I have been giving this a lot of thought this week and while I would
love to provide some form of file encryption in the app, if a user is
worried about that there are a ton of free utilities that allow for easy
encrypting of single files etc on the device.

I would love to potentially put something in the app that would allow
for the file to be moved easily back and forth from device to desktop
and have all the encryption be transparent to the user. That said, right
now my focus will be on getting the app to a point where the user can
actually keep track of basic items on their device (add/delete/edit
payees, accounts, categories and transactions).

 From there I want to move on to some stuff with the schedules and then
maybe encryption items. I get that it is a big deal and it does need to
be addressed, but in the mean time there are options for those who are
worried enough to do so.

I almost have all the CRUD stuff completed for Payees, Accounts and
Categories which are all very simple. Then the transactions and splits
before I will need to be done before I can "release" an early beta.

-Eric