[Kmymoney-devel] bank spreadsheet

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:12:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 21:47:25 -0400
Robert Pasquariello <spasquariello at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> Firstly, as Thomas's request, I'm responding via the KDE4 list (the
> KDE3 one will be closing).  You'll possibly need to register there.
>
> Thanks for your info.
>
> Whilst I've been able to import your file, there was an immediate
> problem, here anyway - lack of field dividers, or, more accurately,
> interspersed line breaks, with each transaction split over three or
> four lines, in fact, as shown in your email.  I tried also importing
> into LibreOffice, Gnumeric and KSpread, and they also had the same
> problem. So, what I had to do was to use the  tabs already present,
> and remove the line breaks to have the transactions as single lines.
>
> You mention the use of Open Office spreadsheet.  How did you manage
> that?  Did it allow for multiple lines?  The spread sheets I tried
> didn't seem to, unless I'm missing something.
>
> I did also have a problem with the date format, or KMM did, which I
> need to investigate.  I believed I had that format covered.
>
> As it has been suggested to keep a note of which banks are supported
> (or not), are you able to tell me that please, off list if you wish.
>
> Allan
>

> Allen, I clicked to open the file with Open Office spreadsheet.  The
> text import box opened. I then chose the separated by tab, the
> (comma) and the other tab.  In the other box I placed a pair of
> parenthesis.  On other options I checked the (Detect special numbers).
>
> With these options, I had no problem opening in OO.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Robert Pasquariello

Hi Bob

Not here, I'm afraid.  If I clear all separator boxes, the tabs show up
between the fields, but they aren't the problem.  In your email, the
transactions are split over three or four lines, and that is a no go.
That is how they appear in the spreadsheet, too.

Is your original file like that, or is that email formatting gone mad?

If it's just the email, that's OK, but if your file is like that, could
you send a copy to me as an attachment please.

Thanks