[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Creating Equity Accounts

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 00:54:30 CEST 2011

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:18:38 -0700
Michael Garrison Stuber <garrisonstuber at garriber.org> wrote:

> What am I missing here?

I'm not sure.

>  I need to create a new equity account.  I
> can choose equity account in the new account dialog, but when I do
> this the "parent" hierarchy is blank.  Since I can't choose a parent,
> the dialog box won't let me click finish and create the account.

When I create a new investment account, on the Parent page of the
wizard, the first entry here is Asset, which is highlighlighted, and
below that are listed the various asset accounts - checking, saving,
investment. As I understand it, from experiment, one cannot have an
investment account as a sub-account of another account, and Asset is
therefore the parent.  So, I make no change on that page and the new
investment account is created.

Then, I select Investment view, and right click to add my new security.

So, when you say 'the "parent" hierarchy is blank.', are you saying the
Parent page is totally blank, without the top Asset entry?

If the file you are using is valid, I would expect you to have several
Asset type accounts showing, otherwise?  You have no assets?  I get all
the asset accounts as listed in Accounts view.