[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Decryption not requesting passphrase

John Le Page falla07 at cybersmart.co.za
Tue Apr 5 10:09:54 CEST 2011

Hello

Your hunch was right. Thank you for your help.

 'gpg -d myfile.kmy' does indeed send the file to the display unencrypted without requesting the p/w. 'cat myfile.kmy' shows the ascii armoured file, so the encryption is there. Extracting possibly relevant files from my list of installed files, this is what I found and includes a reference to an agent

gpgsm						install
gpgv						install
libgpg-error0					install
libgpgme++2					install
libgpgme11					install
libqgpgme1					install
gnupg						install
gnupg-agent					install
gnupg-curl					install
gnupg2						install
python-gnupginterface				install
seahorse                                        install
seahorse-plugins                                install

Your further suggestions on where to look within the above or elsewhere would be appreciated.

John