[Kmymoney-devel] Decryption not requesting passphrase

John Le Page falla07 at cybersmart.co.za
Mon Apr 4 18:16:31 CEST 2011

A great program which I started using about six months ago after Money 2001 gave me very weird reports with incorrect totals!

As I was familiar with PGP, I soon went to using the encryption option, which has been working fine until today.

On startup this morning I found it did not want to open my file and that my Seahorse 2.32  was empty.  I had key backups which I restored into Seahorse and then the encrypted file opened ok but without first requesting my passphrase.   The problem is now that while the KMyMoney file is being stored with the right ascii armoured format under

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)    etc

but KMyMoney no longer asks me for the passphrase before opening the file - it always just opens as soon as requested.

I have tried switching off the encryption, saving the file again, closing & opening the file and re-saving it encrypted but still the file next reopens without the passphrase being requested!

Any suggestions?  My OS is Ubuntu 10.10  and KMyMoney 4.5.3.1 from the Clay Weber package.