[Kmymoney-devel] AccountsModel loadInstitution and loadSubaccounts recursiveness

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Sat Sep 25 16:44:00 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How about adding two sets of signals? One that is emitted whenever
>> there is an account change, and another that covers transactions?
> I don't know if it would but it would be a solution only for this
> model and not a complete solution. The complete solution would be to
> have signals for each mymoney objects that are changed but adding such
> a facility is a pretty big task (I've just checked) and I don't know
> if it is worth it.

I know it's not complete, but this is one of the big performance
problems we have. Solving this would give us more time until we find a
complete solution.

At the moment, recurring calls to load the accounts model, and the
slow loading when auto entering schedules are two of the main issues
we have regarding performance.

Also, I would disconnect dataChanged and AccountsModel, and only
connect it through views that actually use the accountmodel, if
possible.
For example, any change on the home view will trigger an update of the
model, even if that view doesn't really use it at all.