[Kmymoney-devel] AccountsModel loadInstitution and loadSubaccounts recursiveness

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 16:23:57 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What does this synchronizing do? Can you handle it with a signal which
>>> is only emmited when an account is added/modified/rdeleted?
>>
>> Synchronizing means to sync the data between the model and the
>> underlying storage. If the storage signals that data has changed the
>> accounts model must reload (not an actual reload but more of a
>> synchronization) to contain the new data. To fix this it would be nice
>> to add account added/modified/deleted signals to the MyMoneyFileObject
>> similar signals should be added for other types of changes (changes
>> that affect the balance or the value for instance). So this is a
>> pretty big task and I don't know if it will be worth it.
>>

> How about adding two sets of signals? One that is emitted whenever
> there is an account change, and another that covers transactions?
I don't know if it would but it would be a solution only for this
model and not a complete solution. The complete solution would be to
have signals for each mymoney objects that are changed but adding such
a facility is a pretty big task (I've just checked) and I don't know
if it is worth it.

> Also, I've found another issue, which should be probably solved elsewhere.
>
> The accountModel calls balance(accountId).  That, in turn, adds a
> default QDate() when calling the engine. That prevents the cache from
> being used, even if possible.
The cache is not used but the balance is taken directly from the
account which is O(1). 'return m_accountList[id].balance();'

> So, every call for balance reloads all transactions for that account,
> even if it could use the today's balance that is already cached.
>
> Thomas can confirm if my observations are true. If so, I would change,
> where possible, the calls to balance() to get today's balance.
As I've said before the calls to balance() and value() are only lets
say 20% of the total duration of the function load() which is OK if we
consider that they load data for 2 of the 6 columns.
The problem here is that load() is called on every small change but I
can't think of another way to do it with what we have right now.

Regards,
Cristian