[Kmymoney-devel] Re: kMyMoneyAccountSelector - Q_PROPERTY

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Oct 15 10:04:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

on Thursday 14 October 2010 23:12:41 Petr Bravenec wrote:

> I try to write some plugin for simple czech tax accounting. For that plugin
>  I need three different sets of accounts (income, expense and monthly paid
>  social and health insurance).
>
> I have created kcm module but i'm not able to save the setting of the
>  plugin. There is not written Q_PROPERTY for kMyMoneyAccountSelector class
>  (and i dont know how to create it now). The plugin needs to have the
>  settings of the widget saved.
>
> Without the Q_PROPERTY KMyMoney writes something like this:

It's not related to a Q_PROPERTY. The problem is the widgets class hierarchy:

  class kMyMoneyAccountSelector : public KMyMoneySelector
  class KMyMoneySelector : public QWidget

and both, kMyMoneyAccountSelector and KMyMoneySelector are unknown to KDE
(more precisely the kconfigdialogmanager) as configurable widgets.

> kmymoney(27457)/kdeui (KConfigDialogManager)
> KConfigDialogManager::parseChildren: Don't know how to monitor widget '
> kMyMoneyAccountSelector ' for changes!
> kmymoney(27457)/kdeui (KConfigDialogManager)
>  KConfigDialogManager::property: kMyMoneyAccountSelector  widget not
>  handled!
>
> Please, can someone write the Q_PROPERTY for me? Sorry, i dont know how
> difficult it is.

I had a similar problem with the GPG setup dialog. Please check how I solved
it in kmymoney4/dialog/settings/ksettingsgpg* . The combo box widget is
m_masterKeyCombo and the (hidden) widget used to store the value is
kcfg_GpgRecipient.

Just one note: please be careful when you store per-file-information in the
kcfg_ based system. Those are used for all files/databases.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.