[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney- CSV Import - csvconverter-0.2

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Mon May 31 01:16:08 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM, aga <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 18:19:57 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM, aga <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>> > I have produced a new version of my free-standing csv to qif converter
>> > program, which, in tar.gz format, is about 420kB in size.  I don't know
>> > if the list will accept this, or whether to post direct to SKS?  I'm
>> > wondering also if the contrib folder might be a suitable home?
>> >
>> > The main difference in this version is that it is able to handle some
>> > investment activity imports.  There is a bit of a snag in this area, in
>> > that qif format, with all its shortcomings, at least had standardised
>> > activity types.  I've only so far seen files from two different
>> > institutions, and they verge on being free-format.  I've tried to deal
>> > with this by having these listed in a resource file that the user can add
>> > to if necessary.  This file also remembers 'last directory used', and
>> > some previous parameter settings.
>> >
>> > At Alvaro's suggestion, I produced a plugin version of the original
>> > program, which I've been using for a few months.  My next task is to
>> > update this plugin.  I don't expect a queue to form, but I'd be keen to
>> > hear of any interest from other users.  They both require QT4 and KDE4.
>>
>> Hello Allan,
>> the contrib folder is certainly suitable for the stand-alone version.
>> You can send it to me or Thomas and we'll commit it.
>>
>> The plugin version could go into the main code once it's been
>> reviewed. Have you been in touch with Cristian about it?
>>
>> Thanks for all the work you put into the project!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alvaro
>
> Hi Alvaro
>
> Here it is!
>
> I haven't spoken to Cristian about it for a while, as I thought it little
> point in reviewing the v1 when I was some way along with the stand-alone v2.
> I'll now start looking at producing the plugin version of v2 and will send
> that to Cristian when ready.   Also, I think he, and you all, had enough on
> your plates.
>
> Allan

Hello Allan,
we do have a lot, but it's always better when we can take an early
look, so we can advice on the right direction, or think of better
alternatives together.
I was looking into adding the tar you sent to the repository. Just one
minor nitpick before doing it. Can you remove the version number from
the names? It's more flexible that way (and you don't end up with the
whole "kmymoney2" saga).
Send the new tar directly to me and I'll add it to contrib.

Sorry for the delay to answer. It's been fairly crazy this last week,
both in KMM and in RL.

Regards,
Alvaro