[Kmymoney-devel] updating the screenshots of the kmymoney documentation for KDE4

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue May 18 16:51:34 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I've done the first few chapters of the manual.  I'll send a tar of the
> new png files (about 2MB) directly to Christian.
>
> Some potential issues:
> - some of the screens have different sort orders.  I assume this is due
> to configuration and is not important
> - the institution view no longer shows the number of transactions.  I
> assume this is a design decision, not a bug.
> - capturing the menus, different selections are grayed out.  I assume
> this is mainly due to design changes, and is not important for the
> pictures.
> - the loan account wizard (accwiz8.2.png) shows the interest rate with
> no decimal places.  I don't know if this is a configuration issue or
> design change.  (9.00 shows as just 9)
> - the new account wizard summary (accwiz9.png) does not show the parent
> institution, the old version did.  I assume this is a design change.
> - accwiz3.png, accwiz4.png, and accwiz5.png seem not to be used anywhere
> - In many of the pictures, the name of the open file is in the title
> bar.  The sample I'm using is RobsSampleKMyMoneyDataFile.kmy.  Would it
> be worth using a shorter name, or is this OK?
> - many of the details (categories, accounts, ... both names and
> content) are different between Robs file and the old pictures.  I
> assume none of this is important, as long as the new picture shows what
> is being discussed at that point in the manual.
>
> - the first picture in the next chapter (categories) is very different
> - it has a much shorter list of categories than the sample file I'm
> using.  I'm not sure if this matters or not - but it would be nice (but
> not realistic?) to be able to show all categories on the single screen
> for the manual.  Is it worth creating a new file (same name,  different
> directory) with an abbreviated list of categories?
>
> Enough for now - I'll continue with this later.  (Is this something to
> discuss during the ICR meeting Thursday, or is the agenda sufficiently
> full already?)

Jack,
can you file bugs for the missing fields? there is already one for the
missing number of transactions, but the others should be there too. I
don't remember any design decisions, but most likely they were some
distractions on our side during the port.

Documentation is an important item, so it definitely has to be on the
agenda. More so, when we want it to be updated for the stable release.

And of course, a very big thank you from all of us for your effort!

Regards,
Alvaro