[Kmymoney-devel] updating the screenshots of the kmymoney documentation for KDE4

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 18 16:44:08 CEST 2010

I've done the first few chapters of the manual.  I'll send a tar of the
new png files (about 2MB) directly to Christian.

Some potential issues:
- some of the screens have different sort orders.  I assume this is due
to configuration and is not important
- the institution view no longer shows the number of transactions.  I
assume this is a design decision, not a bug.
- capturing the menus, different selections are grayed out.  I assume
this is mainly due to design changes, and is not important for the
pictures.
- the loan account wizard (accwiz8.2.png) shows the interest rate with
no decimal places.  I don't know if this is a configuration issue or
design change.  (9.00 shows as just 9)
- the new account wizard summary (accwiz9.png) does not show the parent
institution, the old version did.  I assume this is a design change.
- accwiz3.png, accwiz4.png, and accwiz5.png seem not to be used anywhere
- In many of the pictures, the name of the open file is in the title
bar.  The sample I'm using is RobsSampleKMyMoneyDataFile.kmy.  Would it
be worth using a shorter name, or is this OK?
- many of the details (categories, accounts, ... both names and
content) are different between Robs file and the old pictures.  I
assume none of this is important, as long as the new picture shows what
is being discussed at that point in the manual.

- the first picture in the next chapter (categories) is very different
- it has a much shorter list of categories than the sample file I'm
using.  I'm not sure if this matters or not - but it would be nice (but
not realistic?) to be able to show all categories on the single screen
for the manual.  Is it worth creating a new file (same name,  different
directory) with an abbreviated list of categories?

Enough for now - I'll continue with this later.  (Is this something to
discuss during the ICR meeting Thursday, or is the agenda sufficiently
full already?)