[Kmymoney-devel] Report settings page

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 18 07:57:23 CEST 2010

On Monday 17 May 2010 22:07:19 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Bernd Gonsior
>
> <bernd.gonsior at googlemail.com> wrote:

[...]

> > Parameter MaximumLegendItems works in a way, which is a bit surprising to
> > me.
> >
> > Let's assume, there are 4 items for "Income and Expenses Graph".
> >
> > If i set MaximumLegendItems to 4 or bigger the legend is shown with that
> > 4 items. If i set MaximumLegendItems to 3, no legend is shown. Should it
> > be that way? If it is intended to be that way, OK. But without further
> > information i would expect a hint in the legend that not all items are
> > displayed.
>
> Yes, that's the way it works. Once the items are over a certain
> threshold, the legend box is removed.
> This is to avoid a problem if you intend to draw for instance, all
> categories. There is no way to draw the legend box in a readable way
> that fits in the screen. In those cases we remove the legend box
> completely. The user can still rely on the color and the on-hover
> tooltip.

Maybe truncating the number of items in the legend and adding a last '...'
would show this in a better way to the user. Simply not displaying the legend
is not a really good idea, IMHO.  The MaximumLegendItem should have an upper
limit, btw.

> We'll have to add an explanation in the documentation and the "What's
> this?" to make that clear.

Yep, good point.

morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.
logixoul: you forgot cmakekde :)
morphir: and bakemeacake