[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - Sluggish Response

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu May 13 07:08:00 CEST 2010

În data de Miercuri 12 Mai 2010 00:26:45 David Houlden a scris:
> > Is there a general sluggishness now?  On v1, saving an edited cleared
> > status happens 'in the blink of an eye', whereas on svn the window clears
> > for perhaps 1 1/2-2 seconds while it thinks about things.  Accepting
> > outstanding schedules is accompanied by much screen updates, and even
> > when saving a transaction there is a noticeable pause.
> >
> > I've only seen a mention relating to keyboard use, not of a more general
> > issue.  Bugs obviously have top priority, and removing KDE3 too, so
> > responsiveness has to take a back seat, but I just wondered what the
> > thoughts are on this.
> >
> > Don't take this as a complaint!  You guys have accomplished a tremendous
> > amount on very tight, ambitious  schedules, and I'm extremely impressed.
> >
> > Allan
> >

> Hi,
> I think there are some issues with performance, particularly around the
> ledger  even when using a release build not debug. I have definitely
> noticed that just clicking on an entry to mark it cleared causes a screen
> refresh which is very slow. It doesn't seem to matter how many entries are
> in the ledger.
>
> My test KDE4 machine is a fairly slow 1200MHz pentium III and it is quite
> interesting to watch how some of the screens refresh. Allan mentioned
> entering schedules and when overdue ones are entered at startup there does
> seem to be a lot of screen redrawing going on. I've also noticed that when
> switching to the institutions screen it appears to get drawn twice, first
> slightly further down the screen to where it should be and then again in
> the  correct position.

I've committed some changes that should at least improve the visual aspect of
all this. That means it may not be faster but it should look better because
some screen updates while loading the register where eliminated. Unfortunately
we can't change the fact that the register is re-loaded at every data change
operation without some major re-writing. But the plan is to get a stable KDE4
release, without Qt3 support, with the same features as the KDE3 version and
release that so people can have something usable. After that we can throw out
the bad concepts like reloading everything at every small change and start
from scratch but that will take a lot of time (which we are very short of). We
try to do out best with the existing codebase so keep sending your valuable
feedback.

Cristian Oneţ