[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - Sluggish Response

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue May 11 19:56:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM, aga <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there a general sluggishness now?  On v1, saving an edited cleared status
> happens 'in the blink of an eye', whereas on svn the window clears for perhaps
> 1 1/2-2 seconds while it thinks about things.  Accepting outstanding schedules
> is accompanied by much screen updates, and even when saving a transaction
> there is a noticeable pause.
>
> I've only seen a mention relating to keyboard use, not of a more general
> issue.  Bugs obviously have top priority, and removing KDE3 too, so
> responsiveness has to take a back seat, but I just wondered what the thoughts
> are on this.
>
> Don't take this as a complaint!  You guys have accomplished a tremendous
> amount on very tight, ambitious  schedules, and I'm extremely impressed.

I haven't noticed it being particularly sluggish, but a) I have a x4
CPU. b) I haven't used v1.x for several months.

If you filter the transactions to only show the last month or so, does
it respond better? That might give us a clue on where the problem is.

Much of our work in the near future will focus on MVC, which should
improve performance bit-by-bit.

Regards,
Alvaro