[Kmymoney-devel] Tabbing and disabled kMyMoneyDateInput

Colin cdwright at gwi.net
Thu Mar 18 04:17:58 CET 2010

On Friday March 12 2010 10:12 am Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2010 00:18:03 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > Hello Colin,
> > I think that widget in KDE4 is a whole different one.
>
> No, it's not. I gave up on the conversion for various reasons.
>
> > I remember reading about some issues that prompted some big patches in
> > that area.
>
> In fact, they weren't that big at all.
>
> I just had a quick glimpse on a diff between the KDE3 and KDE4 version. The
> only major difference I noticed is, that whoever ported the widget to KDE4
> (see
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/office/kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmy
> moneydateinput.h?r1=973308&r2=973309& for details) decided to use KHBox as
> the base class whereas in KDE3 we used QHBox. Not sure, if that makes a
> difference.
>
> Since you (Colin) are source aware you could try to see if changing it back
> to QHBox is possible at all and makes a difference for your specific
> problem.
>
> Another approach I would try in your case is to hide the widget completely
> if unused (like we do it in the investment editor)

Just to update: I tried hiding and that didn't help.

I tried using a QFrame with QHBoxLayout (so I could use the setStretchFactor)
and that didn't work.

I haven't yet tried:
- Q3HBox: there's no QHBox since you're now supposed to use something like a
QWidget with a QHBoxLayout.
- A virgin SVN build with Post Date disabled to see if it's really just my
patches messing up the tab order.  The New Account Wizard for a Loan has a
date item that's disabled and enabled and doesn't seem to have a problem.
- Reapplying the tab order after I disable or enable the date.

Thanks,

Colin Wright