[Kmymoney-devel] Tabbing and disabled kMyMoneyDateInput

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Mar 12 16:12:11 CET 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 00:18:03 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello Colin,
> I think that widget in KDE4 is a whole different one.

No, it's not. I gave up on the conversion for various reasons.

> I remember reading about some issues that prompted some big patches in
> that area.

In fact, they weren't that big at all.

I just had a quick glimpse on a diff between the KDE3 and KDE4 version. The
only major difference I noticed is, that whoever ported the widget to KDE4
(see
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/office/kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneydateinput.h?r1=973308&r2=973309&
for details) decided to use KHBox as the base class whereas in KDE3 we used
QHBox. Not sure, if that makes a difference.

Since you (Colin) are source aware you could try to see if changing it back to
QHBox is possible at all and makes a difference for your specific problem.

Another approach I would try in your case is to hide the widget completely if
unused (like we do it in the investment editor)