[Kmymoney-devel] Using astyle to beautify the code

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Mar 13 21:52:01 CET 2010

Hi,

Ian and I fixed a couple of issues regarding the astyle-kmymoney.sh script
which now works as expected.

Running it against current SVN creates a 3100+ line patch (according to Ian on
IRC). This reminds me of a recent discussion lately on a different mailing
list which showed, that astyle produces different output using different
versions.

So the question is, which version do we use for formatting before we start
switching back and forth due to different astyle versions. Once we settle on
a single version we can run it and checkin the changes into the repository.

Ian and I use 1.23

Comments and thoughts are welcome.

BTW, just the planning of the test cases helped me
to improve the code a lot. -- Alvaro Soliverez