[Kmymoney-devel] documentation problem (handbook) in svn

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 12 00:50:42 CET 2010

On 2010.03.11 18:22, Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> În data de Vineri 12 Martie 2010 00:27:40 Jack a scris:
>> The current svn source seems not to include the source for the
>> handbook.  I have found those files in a different branch of svn,
>> but I can't figure out how to get them into the main tree so I can
>> generate the handbook along with the new program.  I'd like to start
>> working on the docs again (I realize I haven't done anything since
>> 1.0) but I'm obviously missing some special incantation.  I did once
>> try to enable the developer documentation, but that didn't do
>> anything useful either.

> The documentation is merged into the tarball that is created when
> making a release. To create a source tarball check out this post
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kmymoney-devel&m=125857258417836&w=2

That seems like a lot of work just to see what the handbook looks
like.  It was much easier with 1.x - as I remember, there were two
specific make targets that JUST processed the docs.  I suppose I'll
give it a try.  I assume there is some historic reason the docs are not
within the main code tree in svn?  Is it because all KDE docs are kept
separate from their respective programs?