[Kmymoney-devel] no ofx import in my latest svn compile

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 7 18:31:46 CET 2010

On 2010.03.07 11:15, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> on Sunday 07 March 2010 Jack wrote:
> > On 2010.03.06 10:27, Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> > > În data de Sîmbătă 06 Martie 2010 15:17:20 Jack a scris:
> > >
> > > Here are a few hints:
>>> 1. Check that you have the plugins on your system look for the
>>> kmm_ofximport.so file and the kmm_ofximport.desktop file
>>> 2. If you have those files and the plugins are not found try
>>> running kbuildsycoca4 to refresh the registered services cache
>>> If none of this works maybe we can think of something else if you
>>> give us some details about the way you install your SVN version.
> >
>> Both of those files exist under the build directory and also in the
>> installed area (/usr/local/...).  In addition, there is
>> /usr/local/share/apps/kmm_ofximport/kmm_ofximport.rc.
>
> I expect your KDE lives in /usr and not in /usr/local. What is the
> output of
>   kde4-config --prefix

That's it.  I guess I'm just trying to be too smart for myself.  I did
specify /usr/local, in an attempt to keep the svn version separate from
the rest of my distro installed KDE.  What is curious is why I thought
it worked in previous svn versions.  I suppose there is no way (and
probably no point) in trying to figure that out now.

This all comes back to the issue that there is no way to fully test a
new svn version (of 3.9x) and also have a stable distro version (3.9x,
not 1.x) installed at the same time.  The only way to fully test is to
fully install.  Given some of the previous discussions about this (such
as trying to use kmymoney.shell) this is probably a larger KDE issues
and not specific to KMM.  I haven't done any searching yet - is this a
known issue by the KDE team?

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for the distraction.