[Kmymoney-devel] some mymoney objects depend on settings

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 06:44:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

Today after getting Fernando's changes 'Make it possible to hold low level
MyMoney types in QVariant' (revision 1143236) I was getting an exception in
KHomeView::doForecast(void):MyMoneyForecast::doForecast() with the message
"Illegal settings when calling doForecast. Settings must be higher than 0".
While my installed kmymoney (not the one I'm doing development) would open the
file just fine. Since the installed version is just a day old I suspected that
this must be caused by some recent commit. If I removed the metatype
declaration the exception went away but the problem is after I added it back
the exception didn't re-appeared.

I suspect that this is somehow related to the fact that the forecast object
reads it's setting on construction. As a matter of fact how does the forecast
object (part of the mymoney lib) depend on settings? Being part of the lib
shouldn't make it settings independent and initialized by the client code?
MyMoneyReport and MyMoneyStorageSql are in the same boat. Doesn't this mean
that if I would want to link a new application only with libkmm_mymoney
(installed shared library) I would get unresolved dependencies?

Cristian Oneţ