[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - Unit Testing Database curiosity

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 18:10:28 CEST 2010

I'd created some patches for QTesting of the csvimporter and installed
them on my secondary PC as acheck that all was OK.  On running the
tests, though, I was quite surprised by the speed difference.

On PC A, the complete run takes 2 minutes, whereas on PC B, it took only
8.49 seconds.  All tests passed without error.  So that's 14-15 times
faster on the older PC.  The slow one runs openSuse 11.2, and the faster
one is Kubuntu 10.04.  Kubuntu outputs all the timings, too.
Practically all the time is in the databasemanagertest.

PC A is Athlon 64 X2 dual core 6000+.
PC B is Athlon 64 3500+.

I ran both in debug mode but still no errors showed.  I even wondered if
the fact that I have used the database on PC A might allow for more
testing, but more or less ruled that out as it is password protected.  I
even had a quick, very, look at the code.

It's no bother to me, but I'm just curious.  Is openSuse slow?  Anyone
else noticed differences?