[Kmymoney-devel] strange ledger behavior after ofx import

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jun 23 08:18:32 CEST 2010

Hi all,

on Wednesday 23 June 2010 02:15:12 Jack wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I've just discovered an odd behavior in the ledger after importing an
> ofx file.  First, I used to be able to select a transaction in the
> ledger with the up and down arrow keys, then hit <Enter> to edit the
> transaction, and use <TAB> to move through the fields in the
> transaction form.  Now, after I hit <Enter>, the keyboard has no
> effect.  I may not have tried every single key, but I haven't found one
> that does anything.  (caps lock and num lock still work correctly, and
> <ALT><TAB> still goes to another app.)  Once I click anywhere in the
> transaction form with the mouse, <TAB>, <ESC>, and <ENTER> work as
> expected.  (This probably has nothing to do with the import - that's
> just when I happened to notice it.)

I doubt it is related, but after all, you never know. I think the focus is the
problem here. In case you click the mouse, the focus moves to the editor and
things are back to normal. I'll take a look into this issue.

> In addition, I never really noticed the "Accept" icon (or menu item)
> above the transaction form.  Actually - I had noticed, and thought it
> was just for accepting an automatic match of a manual and imported
> transaction.  There is no matching going on with this import - but the
> Accept icon is available - and it just seems to accept the import,
> turning the background to transparent from yellow.  This seems to be
> mentioned in the manual under QIF import - but in a section that is
> actually commented out in the docbook file.  I haven't reviewed all my
> old email, but I don't remember discussing this last year.  Is there
> any reason I shouldn't re-introduce some more in the manual about what
> to do after actually importing the file?

I don't see a problem with this. Maybe, we should have a general section about
online updates (and we see OFX, HBCI and maybe QIF here) as opposed to the raw
QIF import. Also, we now differentiate between a QIF statement import and a
QIF import from another application. Don't ask me about the details of that
difference, but if necessary, I can study my own code :)

On Windoze it helps to reboot, on UNIX it helps to be root!