[Kmymoney-devel] strange ledger behavior after ofx import

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 23 02:15:12 CEST 2010

Good evening,

I've just discovered an odd behavior in the ledger after importing an
ofx file.  First, I used to be able to select a transaction in the
ledger with the up and down arrow keys, then hit <Enter> to edit the
transaction, and use <TAB> to move through the fields in the
transaction form.  Now, after I hit <Enter>, the keyboard has no
effect.  I may not have tried every single key, but I haven't found one
that does anything.  (caps lock and num lock still work correctly, and
<ALT><TAB> still goes to another app.)  Once I click anywhere in the
transaction form with the mouse, <TAB>, <ESC>, and <ENTER> work as
expected.  (This probably has nothing to do with the import - that's
just when I happened to notice it.)

In addition, I never really noticed the "Accept" icon (or menu item)
above the transaction form.  Actually - I had noticed, and thought it
was just for accepting an automatic match of a manual and imported
transaction.  There is no matching going on with this import - but the
Accept icon is available - and it just seems to accept the import,
turning the background to transparent from yellow.  This seems to be
mentioned in the manual under QIF import - but in a section that is
actually commented out in the docbook file.  I haven't reviewed all my
old email, but I don't remember discussing this last year.  Is there
any reason I shouldn't re-introduce some more in the manual about what
to do after actually importing the file?