[Kmymoney-devel] misleading consistency check error: investment vs currency

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 02:42:03 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> Hello Alvaro,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> On 2010.06.15 16:58, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > Investments are not similar to accounts, they ARE accounts, even with
> > a special behaviour. However, if you find it misleading, I'll add a
> > check for investments and change the message accordingly.
> I have no problem with an investment being an account.  However, I do
> not accept a stock being a currency.  Note that it is "update stock and
> currency prices."   The only message change necessary (but obviously do
> whatever makes the most sense) is to change "currency" to "stock" or
> something similar.

And somehow, we ended up in the same discussion as with Allan regarding the
prices dialog. :)

I answered the email while leaving work. Now I realize we have the same
problem as with the dialog. We'll have to figure out a way to treat those
currencies which are underlying stocks. Let me think about it and we'll come
up with something more senseful.

> > PS. please, please, subscribe all your email accounts to the mailing
> > list.
> > ;)
> I had been resisting, but obviously I can't remember to check the
> "from" address well enough.  (I have multiple accounts, but I access
> all of them from the same email client.)  I have now subscribed the
> other address, since I finally figured out how to disable all mailings,
> since I didn't want two copies of everything.  Sorry....
>
> I appreciate that. This list is moderated, so every mail from an
unsubscribed address (save for bugs and some other special cases) has to be
approved manually by someone, mostly by yours truly. :)