[Kmymoney-devel] Reconciliation of Investment Accounts

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 4 02:23:52 CEST 2010

On 2010.06.03 18:09, Ian Neal wrote:
>   Hi all,
>
> Has anyone attempted this?
>
> I must have done in the past as it gives a last reconciled date
> (though
> I think that is the same date as when I first imported all my data).
>
> Each time I try it now it says I have a difference even though the
> start
> balance and end balance appear correct. I ran a report to give me the
> value at both the start and end dates. The only issue I can see is the
> report is to 2 decimal places and the investment is to 4 decimal
> places.
>
> Help!

It looks like the last time I reconciled an investment account was
12/31/2009, so I may have some work to do before I can try again.  Also
- I assume you mean the investment account itself, and not the
brokerage account?  My investment account shows last reconciliation
12/31/2009 - but all the transactions before that date are still marked
"C" and not "R" - so I wouldn't be surprised if something funny is
going on.

Anyway - what balance are you using in an investment account?  The only
thing that would make sense is the number of shares of each individual
investment.

Have I completely missed something here?