[Kmymoney-devel] more qif import fun

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 26 00:45:31 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.21 13:03, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> on Wednesday 07 July 2010 allan wrote:
> > On 07/07/10 20:38, Jack wrote:
>>> In trying to get screenshots for the QIF import section, I tried
>>> importing a QIF from my own checking account into a new checking
>>> account in the sample kmy file.  It allowed me to indicate the new
>>> account, but it assigned ALL transactions to  "CompuWorld" which is
>>> an existing payee in the file.  I thought it would have created new
>>> payees. I then imported the file again, calling it an "other"
>>> instead of bank statement, and got the popup saying these are the
>>> results - but it didn't show any results, just went back to waiting
>>> for input.  In fact, it correctly recognized all the transactions
>>> as duplicates, which was indicated in the terminal (kmm started
>>> from command line) but no popup with the results of the import.
> > >
> > > The beginning of the file is:
> > >
> > > !Type:Bank
> > > D01'19'10
> > > T1200
> > > CX
> > > PTransfer  INTERNET TRANSFER
> > > ^
> > > D01'20'10
> > > T-1110.69
> > > CX
> > > PCHASE AUTO FINANCE PO BOIX 78101 Phoenix AZ
> > > ^
> > > D02'16'10
> > > T-12.94
> > > CX
> > > PPAYPAL/INST XFER/100215/WEB
> > >
>>> Any thought on why it didn't create the new payees?  Is there some
>>> relevant setting I can't find now?
> >
>> Your clip didn't have a '^' after the last item.  All three new
>> payees created here.
The file had it - I just copy/pasted one too few lines.

> They should be created. Please watch the console output. There's
> still a debug output for each payee created. If it does not create
> payees, they are already on file and match existing entries. If
> creation fails, a message box appears.

The console shows:
Read 1893 bytes
Selected date format: '%m %d %y'
Statement with 29 transactions, 0 prices and 0 securities added to the
statement list
149 lines processed
Importing statement for 'My Checking Account'
Processing transactions (My Checking Account)
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 33  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 34  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 35  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 36  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 37  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 38  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 39  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 40  ref= 0
knotify(32386) KNotify::event: 41  ref= 0
Processing transactions done (My Checking Account)
Importing statement for 'My Checking Account' done

All 29 records were assigned to CompuWorld, which exists nowhere in the
qif file.  I did get 9 popups about a scheduled transaction having a
match - but all imports were for dates last year, and schedules are all
caught up to last month.

Any ideas on what else I can do to help track down what's wrong?

(note I've compiled without debug.  tomorrow I'll have time to redo and
try again, if it would help.)