[Kmymoney-devel] Text on the 'Finish' button of the reconciliation wizard

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 25 15:12:42 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.25 07:13, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> while reading the changes Jack has made to the description of the
> reconciliation process, I got reminded of a discussion we had in the
> past about the text 'Finish' on the finish button of the
> reconciliation wizard (ending balance dialog).
>
> This word seems to be confusing, as we just start the reconciliation
> process and don't finish it. On top, once you press 'Finish' you see
> the another 'Finish' button underneath the ledger that actually is
> used to finish the reconciliation (lots of finishes here - are we
> done yet?).
>
> I therefore propose to change the finish button that ends the
> reconciliation wizard to be labeled 'Start', as pressing it starts
> the reconciliation process.
>
> Any comments on this last minute change are very welcome. I have the
> change ready in my sandbox and if I don't hear back until 18:00 UTC
> today, I'll add it to SVN. (Sorry in case we need to update the
> screen shots again).

I agree with David.  You are ending the wizard and starting the manual
part of the reconciliation.  "Continue" or "Proceed" are good.  I think
"OK" still sounds  too final.

I think I still have one or two other screenshots to do anyway, and I
just found the kde-docs page on recommendations for screenshots - and I
will probably do all of them again, but not until after release.