[Kmymoney-devel] Proposed string and feature-freeze and release date

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 23 05:55:00 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.22 20:08, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello all,
> the removal of the last pieces of Qt3Support by Cristian enables us to
> go into string- and feature-freeze and then release the stable for KDE
> Platform 4.
>
> Jack asked me for a few days notice before the freeze. Now, we could
> go into freeze this Monday July 26th, to allow the weekend for any big
> changes. After that, it would be 3 weeks of freeze and the release
> sometime around August 16th.
>
> Beginning the freeze, only bug-related commits are allowed.
> 3 days before release (sometime around August 13th), only critical or
> compile-crash commits are allowed.
> As usual, once we are in string-freeze, any change to a string has to
> be pre-approved by the kde-i18n-doc teams and they have to be CC'ed on
> the commits. Spelling mistakes are the only exception, but CC the i18n
> list on the commit, so they can tell why they have new fuzzy strings.
>
> Let me know if you agree with the dates, so we let other teams know
> about it.
>
> I have to say I'm very happy we've made it this far. Only a few weeks
> left and the stable release will be out the door.

That gives me three days for the rest of changes to the handbook.  I'm
OK with that - but if anybody has things they think need to be changed
(in the handbook) let me know.  Otherwise, I'll do the FAQ and then a
quick search through my notes and emails for other high priority
changes (and I know there are one or two screenshots that need to
reflect recent changes.)

Alvaro - how does this tie in with the general KDE 4.5 release?