[Kmymoney-devel] Proposed string and feature-freeze and release date

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Fri Jul 23 02:08:54 CEST 2010

Hello all,
the removal of the last pieces of Qt3Support by Cristian enables us to
go into string- and feature-freeze and then release the stable for KDE
Platform 4.

Jack asked me for a few days notice before the freeze. Now, we could
go into freeze this Monday July 26th, to allow the weekend for any big
changes. After that, it would be 3 weeks of freeze and the release
sometime around August 16th.

Beginning the freeze, only bug-related commits are allowed.
3 days before release (sometime around August 13th), only critical or
compile-crash commits are allowed.
As usual, once we are in string-freeze, any change to a string has to
be pre-approved by the kde-i18n-doc teams and they have to be CC'ed on
the commits. Spelling mistakes are the only exception, but CC the i18n
list on the commit, so they can tell why they have new fuzzy strings.

Let me know if you agree with the dates, so we let other teams know about it.

I have to say I'm very happy we've made it this far. Only a few weeks
left and the stable release will be out the door.

Regards,
Alvaro