[Kmymoney-devel] Status of screenshots for manual (currency warning)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 11 01:47:54 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.09 18:33, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[snip]
> > I cannot generate this dialog.
>> - investment-currencywarning: This is the warning about an
>> investment in a different currency than the account it is in.  I
>> have tried to turn on all messages, but I still do not get this
>> warning when creating an investment in a different currency than the
>> account, which is also a different currency than the file.
> It's probably been deprecated, since there is no objection to have
> that happen.
The warning may have been removed, but it seems like a reasonable
warning to me, as it's not objecting to the situation - just telling
the user to be careful: "The account XXX uses a different currency than
the selected investment. Please make sure to enter tall values for this
transaction in Swedish Krona. When you save this transaction you will
have the chance to enter the necessary conversion rates."

I see this string in .../po/en_GB/kmymoney.po (also in the zh_CN and pl
versions) so I suppose it just hasn't been dropped from those three
translation files.  (Out of curiosity, why do we need an en_GB
translation file, or is that just for completeness?

However - if it has been dropped, I'll delete the screenshot from svn
and also change the text in the manual.