[Kmymoney-devel] porting the widgets to the qt model/view framework

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 00:50:01 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> În data de Vineri 15 Ianuarie 2010 10:30:23 ați scris:
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > We are done porting some of the most common combos in the application.
>> > If you notice any bugs, please let us know.
>> >
>> > @Cristian, are you taking over the accountselector?
>>
>> Yes, I'll take it over.
>>
>> > In that case, I will get to work on the account tree.
>> > When you are done with that, we can talk about creating custom models
>> > for the common lists. We can start with the payees.
> Well, I don't know how, but the work on the account selector trew me on a path
> to create the first KMyMoney specific model, the AccountsModel. When it will be
> done it can also be used in the account tree so don't start working on that
> yet.

It was natural to happen. From what I have seen in the accountselector
class, you should have a model that loads the account list as-is, then
have a proxy model to sort/filter where you can move all the logic
that is now happening in the accountselector class itself. That way,
we can reuse the account model better.
Eventually, I think we'll have models for every object in mymoney,
plus proxy models for the specific logic of the views or widgets.

> Sorry if I hold you back :)

No problem, I have some bugs to keep me entertained. :D