[Kmymoney-devel] Version 3.96 - Announcement draft

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 7 18:54:49 CET 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 17:48:36 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello all,
> here is the draft for the release of version 3.96. I don't feel it's
> ready, but I'm running out of ideas, so it's better to get it out
> there and get help than beating around the bush any longer.

* We had some fixes along the way for better integration with the Qt4 version
of AqBanking
* Integration of KDE calendar support
* Improved error messages when dealing with GPG encryption problems

> Please send your suggestions and any mistake you may find.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&chfieldfrom=2009-12-15&chfieldto=Now&columnlist=changeddate%2Cbug_severity%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cop_sys%2Cshort_desc&emailassigned_to1=1&emailassigned_to2=1&emailcc2=1&emailreporter2=1&field-1-0-0=bug_status&field-1-1-0=product&field-1-2-0=resolution&product=kmymoney4&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&type-1-0-0=anyexact&type-1-1-0=anyexact&type-1-2-0=anyexact&value-1-0-0=RESOLVED&value-1-1-0=kmymoney4&value-1-2-0=FIXED&title=Bug%20List:
%20KDE4%20KMyMoney%20Fixes&ctype=atom

is an RSS feed carrying all those fixes

> Also, we are going to need sample screenshots. If we could have a
> couple from OS X and Windows too, that would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

> The KMyMoney Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of
> version 3.96 of KMyMoney. This version is still
> considered beta and not recommended for general use. As with the
> previous version, the intention is to get feedback from
> the community and find those issues that are not immediately apparent.
> Thanks to the feedback received from the previous version, more than x
> bugs have been found and fixed. Compatibility
> with KDE SC 4.4 has also been fixed, which was an unfortunate
> shortcoming in version 3.95.
> Besides bug fixing, the porting effort has steadily moved forward,
> porting several custom widgets to be fully Qt4-native.
> This means not only an aesthetic improvement, but also a cleaner and
> more maintainable code, which has already helped us
> solve some bugs along the way.
> Also, from this release until releasing a stable KDE4 version, we have
> adopted a 6-week release cycle. We believe this
> will improve the feedback, while still having enough time to work on
> bugs and new features. So, you can expect a new
> release 6 weeks from now, unless a blocking issue gets on the way.

Doesn't one say  "in the way"?

I plan to release 1.0.3 also on the 15th. It's a pure maintenance release. If
you want, you can add that to the announcement. Maybe, something like this:

As a continued support for our KDE3 users, the team releases KMyMoney 1.0.3 at
the same time. This maintenance release contains some fixes and improvements
we found during the development of the KDE4 version and backported to it.

If Windows is the answer I want my problem back!