[Kmymoney-devel] Version 3.96 - Announcement draft

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:48:36 CET 2010

Hello all,
here is the draft for the release of version 3.96. I don't feel it's
ready, but I'm running out of ideas, so it's better to get it out
there and get help than beating around the bush any longer.

Please send your suggestions and any mistake you may find.

Also, we are going to need sample screenshots. If we could have a
couple from OS X and Windows too, that would be great.

Regards,
Alvaro

The KMyMoney Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of
version 3.96 of KMyMoney. This version is still
considered beta and not recommended for general use. As with the
previous version, the intention is to get feedback from
the community and find those issues that are not immediately apparent.
Thanks to the feedback received from the previous version, more than x
bugs have been found and fixed. Compatibility
with KDE SC 4.4 has also been fixed, which was an unfortunate
shortcoming in version 3.95.
Besides bug fixing, the porting effort has steadily moved forward,
porting several custom widgets to be fully Qt4-native.
This means not only an aesthetic improvement, but also a cleaner and
more maintainable code, which has already helped us
solve some bugs along the way.
Also, from this release until releasing a stable KDE4 version, we have
adopted a 6-week release cycle. We believe this
will improve the feedback, while still having enough time to work on
bugs and new features. So, you can expect a new
release 6 weeks from now, unless a blocking issue gets on the way.