[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Two questions for translating

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Dec 1 01:37:18 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  Please see below.

在 0099年 11月 27日 週六 07:08:02,Jack 寫道:
> Hi Franklin,
> For #2 we need to know the exact context to be sure which is correct.
> I would guess that the first is correct, especially if it refers to a
> transaction, where the user would enter the payer or receiver depending
> on the type of transaction.  "payee/receiver" would be using two terms
> for whoever is getting the money, and I don't recall that KMM uses that
> format.

I have this question because in the item 278
(kmymoney/converter/mymoneystatementreader.cpp:856
kmymoney/kmymoney.cpp:4491)

The msgid is "New payee/receiver".  And in the item 740

(kmymoney/dialogs/transactioneditor.cpp:724)

The msgid is "Payer/Receiver".  I just want to make sure if both messages are
correct or not.

*Some more questions about messages*:

1. "shares set to value" and "value set to shares"
(kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyfile.cpp:1640, 1643).  What do these mean?

2. What is "ledger lens"?  I mean, I know that it shows the details for the
transaction that has focus in the ledger.  But what do you mean by "has
focus"?  BTW, did you use this name "lens" because it acts like a magnifier to
see the transaction details?

3. What is "YTD account"?  (kmymoney/kmymoney.cpp:4134)

4. What is "Price Fraction"?
(kmymoney/plugins/csvimport/investmentdlgdecl.ui:604)

5. I'm not quite sure what "Select column containing debit field" means.  Did
you mean "Select a column to show the debit field", or "Select a column that
contains debit field"?  (kmymoney/plugins/csvimport/csvimporterdlgdecl.ui:676)
BTW, the comments in this entry is... "blah".

6. "Buy Shares-buy" and "Sell Shares-sell"... what is the latter word after
dash for? (kmymoney/plugins/csvimport/redefinedlgdecl.ui:120)

7. Finally, is "register" (noun.) here a temporary form to record
income/expense before entering into the ledger?  To be honest, I didn't find
anything about "register" using KMM so far.  Of course I just used it for
recording my expense now.

A lot of questions!  Sorry for that.  The KMM translations for zh_TW is now
92% done.  I'm working on the final parts.  Thanks for your help.

Franklin