[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.5 is out. The stable version for KDE4 has arrived.

Mikael Kujanpaa mahead80 at nic.fi
Wed Aug 18 17:10:45 CEST 2010

Hello Alvaro, and thanks for your comments!

Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org>:
[Graphs]
> We'll upgrade to the latest version and then report the bugs if
> problem persist. The underlying widget is not ours, but developed by a
> company. They are pretty responsive if we are clear in our reports,
> though.

Okay, so I thought too, that problem is probably in the kgraph-library (or
what is it called) itself.

> > - In line graph with values, the marks for specific points were quite
> > big. Maybe it could be changed to be a little bit smaller and related to
> > the selected line width?
>
> We might add a choice to either have markers or not. Right now it's
> fixed on a chart-by-chart basis.

Ok. Option sounds good, although I think dot size relative to selected line
width is good idea too, because otherwise it might be impossible to have dot
size that looks good both with very thin and wide lines.

[Crash]
> If you find it again, please file a bug in bugs.kde.org

I will.

> > - When the split editor is left and there is dialog asking about
> > unmatching sums (with three radio buttons), I have to press three times
> > down arrow from my keyboard before the selection was changed to second
> > option.
>
> Did the selection change to other widget or did it just stay selected
> on the first item?

It seems that theme I'm using doesn't show the focus very well. As I looked
very carefully, I saw that the dialog starts with focus on Ok button. With one
click it goes to Cancel, and with another one it goes to first radio button.
And after that the radiobutton selection changes.

But I think the focus should start with first radio button as it was
previously. That way the selection can be easily changed, and still the window
can be closed just by using Enter. Or canceled with Esc.

> This is a known problem, and we will work on it. Basically, the whole
> ledger is refreshed every time something changes (and in some cases,
> other views are refreshed too). We have to rework some signals and
> refreshes here and there so that it only refreshes what's needed. That
> should speed things up. It's not easy and we have to be very careful
> not to miss a needed update.

I see, and good to know you are working on it. Of course it is first most
important to have necessary features with decent speed, as optimization can be
always done later.

> > - In the help / About KMyMoney. In the translation tab, is the content as
> > it is meant to be? It seems to display generally KDE translators, not
> > the ones who actually translated KMyMoney. Not very big issue thought.
> > :)
>
> I'll check with a localized version, but it could be the right answer,
> since this version has been developed AND translated within KDE.

Please check and if you see that the window displays correct names in your
locale, I will know that the problem is with translation itself. Right now in
Finnish locale it displays persons who haven't translated KMyMoney, which I
think might be problematic in case of somebody tries to contact with them.

> Thank you for the feedback and the detailed description of the issues!

You are welcome!

Mikki