[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.5 is out. The stable version for KDE4 has arrived.

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Mon Aug 16 16:09:38 CEST 2010

Hello all,
The KMyMoney is pleased to announce the release of a stable version
for KDE Platform 4. With over 15 months of development, this new
version is the starting point of a new series of KMyMoney versions to
leverage the stellar features offered by the KDE Platform.

Throughout this effort, our focus has been to maintain feature-parity
with previous versions, maintaining and improving the high level of
quality that your personal financial data deserve. This version has
gone through an intensive testing, allowing us to find and fix many
bugs and improve the usability of the application.

Along the way, we did manage to add some new features:
- Better documentation
- Works with the latest version of AqBanking
- Improved usability of the online banking features
- Uses KWallet to store online banking passwords
- The consistency checks runs automatically before saving your data,
it now checks for a wider range of problems, and it automatically
corrects many of them.
- Runs in all operating systems supported under KDE

Since the release candidate in May, about 70 bugs were fixed, and over
400 commits were made to the code alone, not including documentation
and translations. The application is now fully Qt4 native and is ready
to accept new features.

In the process, we are also moving from Sourceforge to KDE. For this
release, we have created a new mailing list for users only,
kmymoney at kde.org, which replaces the kmymoney2-users list.

The release of a stable version for KDE4 also marks the beginning of
the end for the KDE3 series. In maintenance mode since 1.0.0, it is
progressively going into frozen state. New features will be added to
the KDE4-series only, with the KDE3 code receiving only critical
fixes.

All in all, we believe that the port to KDE4 has grown a better
application, and even more important, a better team. We have asked you
for patience while we took this much needed step, now are ready to
start adding new features again. Right after we take some a deep
breath and some rest, because this has been very stressful to all of
us.

You can find the tar in our usual location:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmymoney2/files/

We will meet today on #kmymoney IRC channel of freenode.net at 16:00
UTC to chat and cheer each other for the release. Join us if you can.

Thank you all!

The KMyMoney team