[Kmymoney-devel] new cmake problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Aug 16 12:30:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

on Sunday 15 August 2010 20:36:50 Jack wrote:

> On 2010.08.15 11:30, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > Scripty came by a few days ago and broke it. I don't know what it
> > did, but the developer's handbook has a number of errors. I just
> > deactivated on my cmake for the time being, as there are other
> > pressing issues, and it wasn't working to begin with.
> >
> > When I mean Scripty, it's the script that actually modified the
> > files. I don't know why.
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Good morning,
> >>
> >> I just tried compiling from scratch, to test the startup/calendar
> >>
> >> issue, but with USE_HTML_HANDBOOK turned on, I get:
> > > -----------------
> >>
> >> CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:285 (IF):   given arguments:
> > >     "ON"
> >>
> >>   An argument named "on" appears in a conditional statement.  Policy
> >> CMP0012   is not set: if() recognizes numbers and boolean constants.
> >>  Run "cmake   --help-policy CMP0012" for policy details.  Use the
> >> cmake_policy command to   set the policy and suppress this warning.
> >> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
> >>
> > > -----------------
> >>
> >> This doesn't make any sense to me, since there are other variables
> >> set to ON tested with IF statements.  I assume this is related to
> >> svn r1155317 but the IF is empty, so I don't see what it's actually
> >> complaining about.
>
> First question - what files did scripty change?  From the little I can
> find, scripty (extract-messages.sh) should not have any effect on
> cmake.  Also, cmake works fine with USE_DEVELOPER_DOC=ON.  (I don't
> know if compiling would work, but that's not my problem yet.)
>
> I'm willing to compile without the handbook in html - but some folks
> might try, and that would count as broken.  I think we should probably
> take it out for release.  I'd  prefer to add some message about how to
> make the html manual, but that's probably more new text than we want to
> add now.

The problem is related to cmake 2.8. It does not show on earlier versions. I
know how to fix it, but the HTML generation of the manual has not made it
anyway. So I will simply take the stuff out for release and put it back in
afterward.

> Just to be sure - my issue here is that cmake gives an error - I
> haven't tried to compile after that, so I don't know if it would work
> or not.

The problem only shows if you enable the USE_HTML_HANDBOOK switch. It does not
have an effect yet, but it fails building, which is not so good.

If it's there and you can see it, it's real.
If it's there and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's not there and you can't see it, it's gone.