[Kmymoney-devel] Possibly misleading text in register context menu

Petr Bravenec petr at bravenec.org
Mon Aug 9 09:26:03 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I'm trying to translate KMyMoney to Czech language and I have found some
misleading texts.

When a schedule is shown in register, I can enter it using context menu. It
took few days (!!) to me to understand that I have to use context menu. Text
"Enter next transaction" means for me something else than "Enter this
schedule to register". The same "Skip next transaction".

It lasted to me so long because I translated it to czech language word by
word and the meaning of these texts is completelly different in czech.

I do now know how often typical user of KMyMoney uses various items in this
context menu. I think it would be better to have "Enter next transaction" as
a default action on doubleclick.

Then I enter the "Enter scheduled transaction" (name of this dialog is much
more descriptive then text used in context menu) and continued to Enter
Schedule changing some value and to "Confirm Manual Enter".

There are two possibilities here: "OK" and "Cancel". It would be nice to add
some text like "When you press cancel you will be returned to
previous form where you can change your values" or add a "Back" button and
let the Cancel button make its usual work - cancel all changes.

Sorry, if text "Enter next transaction" is clear to everybody speaking
english.

Regards
Petr Bravenec
--